Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #39 - Winter

I haven't played along with My Sheri Crafts for a long time. I really like her design team work for this challenge. You can find them here.

In Jamaica we don't have snowy winters that I live with now. At this time of the year the hurricane season and the hot summer months are gone. It is still warm and you can feel a nice Caribbean breeze coming off the sea, but still remember watching ice skaters at Winter Olympics on TV there and thought how graceful they were. I am a big fan of dancing and somehow ice skaters make their movements look so effortless and beautiful, not unlike dancers. I haven't even tried ice skating but maybe someday I will.

Here is my entry for this winter challenge:-
The card measures 5 1/2 X 4 1/4. I used Winter Wonderland Cart for the ice-skater, cut at 4 3/4 inches, but stretched width wise with my Gypsy just to make it a little wider.  I used my Cuttlebug for embossing folders her dress and for the snowflakes paper. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey Blush line. The 'winter wonderland' stamp is from My Pink Stamper Winter Punnies
Happy Scrapping!
Judy

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I wouldn't have thought ice skater but this just really sets the mood for the card. I love it.

    www.simplyshaddock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh, love the card and your blog. You have shared some wonderful projects. I've become a follower.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. The is such a beautiful card. I just love the colors, ribbon and design. It just has a sense of elegance about it. I am your newest follower.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Wish I was in the Carribean this week - :) Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love this ice skater. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...